Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration programs provide students with the skills that are necessary for them to acquire entry-level employment in the healthcare industry. These degree programs are great options for individuals of all ages who desire to enforce the quality of healthcare services in hospitals, mental health centers, nursing homes, and schools everywhere.
Featured Online Associate's in Healthcare Administration Degree Programs
Featured Online Schools
Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration programs usually take two years or less to complete, and graduates of these programs are rewarded with opportunities to further their educations through bachelor's degree programs. Course components include instruction in health policies and laws, healthcare management procedures, human anatomy and physiology, epidemiology, and computer skills. Around the country, there are countless colleges and universities that offer both online and campus-style Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration programs.
How to Find the Top Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration Programs
Besides accreditation and distinction, potential students also pursue schools that offer quick and affordable Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration programs. Every one of the schools mentioned below includes an accredited, quality, and affordable degree program that can be completed in two years or less.
1. Carrington College of California: Carrington College of California is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. This school offers an Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration program that is ranked as the best by U.S. News and World Report. The tuition cost for the program is $400 per credit hour.
2. Keiser University: Keiser University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award certificates and degrees at the associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctoral levels. This school offers one of the best online Associate of Arts in Health Services Administration Degree programs to applicants who possess at least a high school diploma. The tuition cost for this program is about $7,000 per semester. (Link)
3. Pima Medical Institute: Pima Medical Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools. An online Associate's of Applied Science in Healthcare Administration Degree program is offered to individuals who acquire a high school diploma. The cost of this program is approximately $10,550 per year. (Link)
Careers and Salaries for Individuals with an Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration
For the most part, individuals who acquire an Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration are rewarded with quick access to an array of entry-level healthcare administration job opportunities. Listed below are some of the best Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration careers available today.
1. Customer Service Representatives: Customer Service Representatives work in hospitals and other healthcare facilities, and their main roles include receiving phone calls and directing patients to their providers. They earn about $11 per hour.
2. Health Office Managers: Health Office Managers oversee the secretarial, health insurance, payment, and supply components of private practices and healthcare facilities. On average, they earn an hourly wage of $15.
3. Health Office Receptionists: Health Office Receptionists are in charge of checking patients into their appointments, scheduling appointments, and receiving phone calls in private clinics and medical facilities. They earn approximately $13.50 per hour.
4. Medical Coders and Billers: Medical Coders and Billers possess the skills that are necessary for patients and their insurance companies to be properly billed for healthcare services. These professionals possess some of the best Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration salaries, and they earn between $10.27 and $18.28 per hour.
5. Medical Transcriptionists: Medical Transcriptionists are skilled in the areas of medical terminology, human anatomy, epidemiology, and medical procedures. These professionals are responsible for turning doctors' and physicians' dictations into documents that can be used for billing and filing purposes. They earn approximately $14 per hour.
Multiple benefits are rewarded to professionals in all of the occupations described above. Associates Degree in Healthcare Administration provide professionals with countless opportunities to enhance and maintain the quality of healthcare services that people of all ages receive.
Additional Resource: Healthcare Administration Degree